ABOUT SKILLS FOR WORK INITIATIVE
Commonwealth of Learning(COL)’s Skills for Work initiative is aimed at closing the skills gap for in-demand and high-demand jobs in commonwealth nations.
Through hybrid models that apply open and distance learning techniques, it helps women, girls, youth, people with disabilities, entrepreneurs, and the unemployed at the community level to acquire relevant 21st Century, life and essential skills, and access in-country mentorship support.
Through varied partnership models, it enhances ODL capabilities of both TVET institutions and other non-governmental organisations involved in skill development to share and adapt open educational resources; develop capacity in blended teaching/learning practices; scale up outreach efforts; and, respond to the market needs.
Commonwealth of Learning’s Skills for Work Initiative entitles its learners the following:
- Free access to the entire suite of courses under each of the certification schemes. While COL-Coursera Certification Programme offers access to over 5100 courses, COL-Udemy Certification Programme offers access to over 5500 courses. COL-Grow with Google Certification Programme is limited to the six specialised certificates.
- Free access to the courses for a duration of six months. Usually these Certification Programme commence on the 1st of April or on the 1st of October and last until the 30th of September or the 31st of March respectively
- Right to download courses material for future references.
- Enrolment in more than one course at a time during the programme period
- Access to free certificates upon successful completion of every course enrolled
- Access to in-country helpdesks to obtain academic and administrative support
- Free access to learners help centers operated by COL’s partners – Coursera and Udemy
- Troubleshooting of problems associated with certificates, enrolment and enrolment
ABOUT COMMONWEALTH OF LEARNING
Commonwealth of Learning (COL) is an intergovernmental organisation created by Commonwealth Heads of Government in 1987 to promote the development and sharing of open learning and distance education knowledge, resources and technologies.
Hosted by the Government of Canada with headquarters in Burnaby, British Columbia, COL is the world’s only intergovernmental organisation solely concerned with the promotion and development of distance education and open learning.
Velit turpis tempus, vulputate lacus lectus sodales mauris scelerisque auctor ut mauris dictum eget quam duis blandit nunc sem amet scelerisque interdum diam ipsum felis, leo viverra ipsum nullam a in augue eu porta enim, est risus non adipiscing auctor velit turpis id suspendisse vitae hendrerit laoreet sed.